7 Tips for a cozy master bedroom
Your master bedroom is the one place that you can go after a long day and relax completely….right? If it's a ‘no’ you may be in need of a master bedroom makeover. Here are some suggestions that could go a long way…
1) Plan. When thinking about your bedroom you first need to compile ideas and brainstorm your favorite looks, and the way you want your bedroom to feel. An easy way to do this online, and what some popular styles might be in the stores. Then save what you like. You will also need to measure your space to ensure no furniture returns.
2) Purpose. Take a minute to decide on the purpose of your master bedroom. Will it be your cozy, curl up, space? Or a night-time getaway with a TV and sitting area?
3) Theme. The theme of your bedroom is extremely relevant. It helps tie all of the colors, furniture lines and lighting together. Think about what you want; a casual, contemporary or romantic bedroom? As long as it reflects your personality.
4) Colors. The colors that you choose for your master bedroom should be warm and be inviting. Some people prefer neutrals while others like bold colors, the choice is up to yours! Just remember that your colors should reflect your theme.
5) Bedroom Furniture. After you have measured and thought about the motif, you can start browsing for your furniture. There are several things to consider while you are shopping. Make sure you have enough storage and its not too much furniture for a small area. Make sure there is plenty of space to walk.
6) Lighting. Lighting a room properly can completely change the way your furniture and skin tone look. Make sure your room has enough lighting to suit your needs, choose nice bedside table lamps if you like to read, or a standing lamp if you had a sitting area. The main light fixture will be a focal point, so choose wisely, and make sure it fits with the overall flow of the room. Another consideration could be whether or not you also need a ceiling fan depending on your climate.
Furniture: Nancy Corzine
7) This is where you tie it all together and complete your look. The accents in a room often make or break the look and should be chosen with care. First, make a list of everything you need.
Here are some purchases to think about are:
-Curtains and blinds
-Bedding-duvets, comforters, throw blankets, pillowcases, etc
-Art and wall hangings
-Area rugs and or carpeting
-Mirrors: a stand-up mirror for a full-length view is optional if you have space.
Shopping for your accents is where you can truly bring the elements and theme of your room together.